Awudua Gyaasehene Denies Kidnap Reports

Awudua Gyaasehene

The Gyaasehen of Apinto Divisional Council in Tarkwa Dr. Nana Adarkwa Bediako III has denied reports that he was kidnapped.

Reports had said the chief was kidnapped by some unknown assailants after he went missing leaving behind his car and phones in front of the Abii National Bank in the area.

He was reportedly found by operatives of the National Intelligence Bureau some hours after news of his disappearance broke, on the main Tarkwa-Takoradi road and brought home.

But briefing the media on the issue, Friday, July 16 the head of public affairs of the Western Regional Police Command DSP Olivia Ewurabena Adiku said upon interrogations with the chief after the sudden disappearance, he denied being kidnapped as was speculated.


She said, “the latest information we are gathering now is that Nana Adarkwa Bediako II has come to the police station and when he was interviewed he said he was never kidnapped and honestly he didn’t know who sent out that information.”

According to DSP Adiku, the chief said “what happened was that yesterday, the July 15, July he went to the bank to cash some money because he needed to purchase some musical instruments for a Pentecost church within the Tarkwa area.”

She continued “so from the bank, there is an instrument shop around which he decided to walk to and make some inquires. While the chief was going, there was this gentleman that he doesn’t know from anywhere, who just bumped into him and said ‘Nana some people are planning to kill you.’”

“Upon hearing this, he immediately took the available taxi and left that location. Unfortunately, he could not place a call to anyone since he had left his phones in his car.”

DSP Adiku noted that the chief did not disclose where he went from there, she also indicated the police will continue to investigate this matter.

Meanwhile, events leading to the sudden disappearance of Nana Adarkwa has it that one Nana Kakra, a nephew of the overlord of Apinto division on Sunday, July 11 at about 2:30 pm called the chief linguist of Apinto Nana Kobina Obo and allegedly threatened to kill the Gyasehene after he lost his underground shaft mining site which has now been rezoned for community mining.

According to DSP Adiku, the threat issue has been put before a court.

Notify of

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments