Ghanim Al Muftah shared the stage with legendary actor Morgan Freeman at the 2022 FIFA World Cup Opening Ceremony in Qatar. The advocate for the physically challenged has become a global icon after sharing messages of peace, tolerance and unity as the world comes together to enjoy a sport they all love.
- Ghanim Al Muftah was born a twin. He may not look like his twin brother, but they are very much attached.
- Ghanim Al Muftah suffers from Caudal Regression Syndrome, a rare disorder that impairs the development of the lower spine. The lower back, limbs, genitourinary tract and gastrointestinal tract are usually affected. And in severe cases, both males and females have a lack of development of the genitalia (genital agenesis).
- Despite his condition and doctors’ prediction at birth that he has very few chances of survival, Ghanim Al Muftah has lived beyond fifteen years.
- Still unstoppable, Ghanim Al Muftah is very active in current affairs as he pursues a political science. His dream is to be a diplomat in the future.
- Even though his condition affects his lower limbs, Ghanim Al Muftah lives a very active and fulfilling life, including driving.
Ghanim Al Muftah is an inspiration and a force of the can-do spirit!