Ernest Kwasi Nimako, Chief Financial Officer of First Atlantic Bank has been sued by one Deborah Seyram Adablah, a former National Service personnel (NSSP) at the bank.
According to the writ of summons shared widely on social media, Deborah, the plaintiff is suing Mr Nimako the defendant for failing to deliver on promises made to her.
Ms Adablah states that during her time as NSS personnel at the bank, she entered into a “parlor relationship” with the defendant after persistent sexual harassment from the defendant.
Ms Adablah states that she finally gave in to the defendants’ requests and they entered into a relationship.
Ms Adablah also mentioned in her writ that sexual harassment was a “culture” in the bank, as many superior employees, harassed junior female employees sexually.
Ms Adablah states that during the course of her relationship with the defendant, she was promised the following;
- lump sum working capital to start a business
- pay for her accommodation for 3 years
- buy her a car
- pay her 3,000 cedis a month
- buy her a ring
- pay her medical and other bills including paying for her to undergo family planning treatment so she will not give birth in the short term.
- marry the plaintiff after divorcing his wife in the course of their parlor relationship since the defendant’s relationship with his wife was challenged, with irreconcilable differences and the marriage had broken down beyond repairs and or reconciliation
However, after opting out from signing a contract to work at the bank because of the promises made to her by the defendant, he fell short of delivering.
Ms Adablah is therefore suing the defendant and asking the court to direct the defendant, Mr Nimako to fulfil all the promises.
See the writ of summons below;